Welcome to Our Parish
Pastoral Message from Archbishop Perez:
Please click HERE to watch the Pastoral Messages from Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez in the wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic.
OLA Coronavirus Update
My Dear Parishioners,
Out of great concern for the health of the faithful, Archbishop Pérez announced on March 17th that he has temporarily suspended the public celebration of all daily and weekend Masses within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia taking effect at noon on March 18th. Indeed, this is very difficult news for all of us to receive. Together, let us pray for a swift end of the Coronavirus.
Please note the following details regarding Our Lady of the Assumption Parish at this time:
1. While Masses will not be celebrated publicly, priests will continue to offer the sacrifice of the Holy Mass during this period so that all requested Mass intentions will be honored.
2. All parish activities, meetings, and the Stations of the Cross are suspended until further notice.
3. Our church will remain open at this time during the course of the week (MONDAY through SUNDAY) for visits between 9 AM – 4:30 PM. In addition the church will be open on SUNDAY for visits between 12:00 PM and 4:30 PM. All are welcome to come and pray in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, while keeping a safe distance from one another.
4. Confessions will be available as usual on Saturday afternoons from 3:30 – 4:30 PM and by appointment.
5. Baptisms, Marriages and Funerals will take place as usual but, with due regard for the limitation of participants and reasonable social distancing. All visits to the sick in private homes have temporarily been suspended. Therefore, only priests will be available to celebrate the Sacraments for those in immediate danger of death.
6. While the parish offices are now closed to visitors, staff members will be accessible through telephone and e-mail.
Together, let us pray that the Lord’s gift of peace will help to settle our anxieties and fears at this time as concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID19) continue to grow daily. As you can see, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is making every effort to follow the guidance of public health officials to minimize the risk of the spread of the virus and protect all those entrusted to the care of the local church. I will provide you with additional updates as they become available.
I would encourage you to visit our parish website to read our Archbishop’s full statement regarding this recent decision. We have also done our best to provide other information for you regarding ways to spiritually participate in Sunday and weekday Masses, meditate on the Word of God and pray other devotions during this difficult time. In the meantime, be assured of my continued prayers for you and your families.
Love and prayers,
OLA OUTREACH OPEN DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
During this uniquely challenging time, we want to assure the OLA community that they have the support that they may need. Donations can continue to be made to the Giving Room which will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. If you find yourself in need during the days ahead, or conversely, would like to offer assistance, you can reach a member of the Outreach Team by calling or emailing the parish office at 610-688-1178, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Vince Caprio at 610-644-3482. A member of the Outreach Team will contact you. May God bless you during this trying time.
To order your Palm Sunday – Palm Crosses, please click HERE.
The proceeds will benefit the OLA Outreach Ministry.
March 30th – Saint of the Day
Question of the week
How can I free myself from the burial bands in
my life? How can I help others release their own?
Rehab.Help.org is a community organization dedicated to empowering people suffering from substance abuse addiction with tools and resources to start their personal journey toward recovery. We create and publish comprehensive, unbiased, free web-based resources that have been featured and are referenced by many governmental agencies and organizations across the web.
The vast majority of people who need treatment for substance abuse do not seek it. Though there are many barriers that hinder people from getting the help they need, awareness is a significant factor. This can be in the form of lack of recognition or just not knowing the available avenues for help. So we created a comprehensive set of guides that provide information on many of the prevailing substance abuses that are affecting our communities today, various care options, and many free resources.
Below are examples of our top guides:
- Guide to Alcohol Addiction
- Guide to Heroin Addiction
- Guide to Methamphetamine Addition
- Guide to Cocaine Addiction
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:
Needs Your Help!
Looking for a way to become more involved in our parish that won’t require a large time commitment? Outreach is in need of drivers to deliver our frozen casseroles to Bethesda Project My Brother’s House in Philadelphia. With more drivers, the time commitment should be a couple of hours once a month or less. For more details, contact Vince Caprio, 610-644-3482.
In winter, consider dropping off gently used Men’s coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, flannel shirts & boots for the homeless men at A Brother’s House in Norristown, PA!
– Men’s clothing, including new men’s underwear
– Bathroom toiletries
– Baby Items including formula, bottles, diapers, wipes & baby food.
We DO NOT ACCEPT:
– Electronics of any kind
– Women clothing
– Used baby furniture including strollers and car seats.
Thank you for your generous support of our work!
Need Help Searching for a Job?
The OLA Outreach Ministry can connect you with a service that provides free and confidential guidance to OLA parishioners on the content of your resume and your interviewing strategy.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter explaining your goal, challenges and the best times to contact you to: OLAOUTREACHRESUME@gmail.com, OR, if you do not have email, send a print version of your resume and the cover letter to: Our Lady of the Assumption, OLA Outreach-Resume, 35 Old Eagle School Rd., Wayne, PA 19087. Mark the envelope “CONFIDENTIAL”.
If you have any questions that cannot be addressed via email, please contact Jim Glasgow at 610-329-5961 and leave a message.
Always in need of formula, baby food, bottles, diapers & wipes
for its smallest clients.
Please drop off in the Parish Giving Room.
OLA Poor Boxes
Outreach is an integral part of the Catholic community and our Mission. The money collected from our Poor Boxes, which are located in the Candle Room and in the Vestibule, is used for our Outreach Ministry.
Thank you for your support!
OLA Knitters Needed
Please knit/crochet a hat/scarf/baby blanket for the NICU at Bryn Mawr Hospital. The drop off bin is in the Giving Room.
Thank you for your support!
In an effort to address the social needs of our Parish, the OLA Pastoral Council is providing the following information, which may be of help to those in need. Listed are the programs and the local organizations or churches that provide services:
Catholic Human Services – Archdiocese of Philadelphia – 215-587-3903
- Project Rachel Ministry – Post Abortion Healing
- Domestic Abuse Support – Support for those in abusive relationships
- Catholic Human Services
Stephen Ministry – A one-to-one lay caring ministry that provides high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting, going through a crisis, grieving or just having challenges coping with life’s daily stress:
- St. Helena Church, Blue Bell
- St Helena Church
Gethsemani Ministry – A Catholic faith-based approach to reduce the stigma association with addictions while raising awareness and providing a Catholic faith-based approach to recovery, healing and support to those in need:
- St Norbert’s Parish, Paoli – 610-644-1655, Ext. 131
- Norbert’s 12-Step Program – 610-640-0848
- St Norbert Church
Hope in Christ, Support for Addiction – The Archdiocese of Philadelphia offers a two-pronged response to the addiction crisis, which aims to attend to the needs of the whole person: body, mind and spirit:
Christ’s Healing Hands Ministry – A ministry for those affected by addiction:
- St Joseph Parish, Downingtown
- St Joseph Church
Augustine’s Brothers – A Catholic-centered men’s support and accountability group for men who struggle with pornography, offering help with maintaining chastity and purity:
Divorce and Beyond – A Catholic program designed to help separated and divorced persons to gain perspective on their situation and begin anew.
- Steve Bozza, Office for Life & Family: email@example.com – 215-587-5661
- St. Norbert Parish, Paoli, PA – 610-644-1655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Senior Transition – Educational programs about legal, real estate, financial and funeral planning for seniors and their family members/caregivers:
- Steve Lybrand – 610-587-2814
- Trinity Senior Transition