OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION CEMETERY
Our Lady of the Assumption Cemetery, situated in the rear of the church building, was established in 1921 under Fr. Antonio Scialabba. The first official burial was of Maria Faggioli, age 26, in October 1921. In 2011, then-pastor Msgr. Joseph Marino, responding to parishioner requests, initiated a study to assess the feasibility of opening a new section for burial of cremated remains, since the original cemetery was full.
In January 2017, the St. Gabriel Section of Our Lady of the Assumption Cemetery opened. It contains 20 plots, and the first burial took place in April 2017.
In response to further demand, a new section of 20 plots, the St. Therese Section, will be constructed next to the St. Gabriel Section in spring 2021. Plots in this section are now available for pre-purchase.
Please click HERE for the norms and frequently asked questions regarding cremation in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Please click HERE for the Rights and Responsibilities of Plot Owners regarding OLA Cemetery grounds (extracted from the OLA Cemetery Rules and Regulations Handbook).
For more information on the OLA Cemetery, please contact the Cemetery Administrator at: email@example.com, or call the Parish Office.